connections in our church
Ready to use your time and talents to serve St. Mark and its members? Complete the form below to share your interests in service and we will connect with you about how you can help! Training is available for all service opportunities and we will work with you to fit your availability and schedule. Scroll down the page for more details on various service opportunities.
Power point and soundboard during worship
Serve St. Mark while in the church service you already attend! We are looking for volunteers to run the slides during all services (8am, 10:30am, and 5:30pm) and/or to run the sound board at 10:30am. No experience necessary! Contact Andy Groothuis at 402-493-8520, call the church office at 402-391-6148, or complete the form at the top of this page.
SUNDAY SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS
We are seeking more teachers, assistants, and subs to help train our children up in the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6). If you are interested in filling one of these roles on Sunday morning, contact Casey Roberts at email@example.com. All lesson plans and materials are provided for you. All you need is a love of the Lord, availability Sunday morning 9:15am-10:15am, and a desire to help our kids learn and grow!
Help members and guests feel welcome by greeting at the front door and helping with the coffee bar. We especially need volunteers at the 8am servie. Contact Lorrie Wacker by email.
CONNECTIONS IN OUR community
St Mark also reaches out into our community, both local and global. Read on for some examples of how we do this.
Monthly Featured Mission
Each month of the year, we focus financial support on a different mission, following this schedule:
- January: Armed Forces
- February: Camp Luther
- March: Lutheran World Relief
- April: Apple of His Eye Mission Society
- May: Lutherans for Life
- June: Project Hope
- July: Jesus Our Savior Lutheran Outreach and School, Winnebago Tribe
- August: Sharon Owens, Missionary to China
- September: Concordia Seminary Food Bank
- October: POBLO - People of the Book Lutheran Outreach to Muslims
- November: Orphan Grain Train
- December: Lutheran Family Services
Lutheran Thrift Shop
Bring donations to the Lutheran Thrift Shop location at 720 S 24th Street. You can also volunteer as a driver to pick up furniture and deliver it to the shop one Saturday a month.
Peace International Friendship Center
The center (44th and Center) is seeking a friendly, faithful Lutheran male to join in conversing with immigrant men. Contact Pastor Jank at Mount Olive Lutheran Church: 402-455-8700
Lutheran Peace Center
Help with teaching, citizen test preparation, or child care. Call Jim Haack (402-331-7376) for details.
Past Projects and Other Groups We Support
- Project Hope Food Drive
- Pack a Shoebox for a Child through Samaritan's Purse
- Fundraising for new Fellowship Hall carpetting and serving area upgrades led by LWML
- Benefit Lunches and Silent Auctions supporting members in need
- Community Egg Hunts the Saturday before Palm Sunday
- Assure Women's Center
- Open Door Mission